Delaware College Preparatory Academy was ranked a 'Superior School' by the Delaware Department of Education. Listed below are some quick facts about our Academy and the admissions process 6. Is there an application deadline?
1. Do I have to pay tuition and if so what is the cost?
We are a tuition-free, public charter school with a college preparatory focus.
2. What are your grade configurations?
Our Academy is a K - 5 school and we add a grade each year. In 2012 -2013 we will have all grades.
3. In what grades are you currently enrolling?
We currently only accept applications for grades K, 1 and 2.
4. Are you an all boys or all girls school?
No. We are co-ed and therefore accept applications for both male and female scholars.
5. What steps do I need to take to enroll my child?
Yes. Applications must be submitted by the end of January each year to be included in our public lottery.
Applications may be submitted through September 30th each year.
Applications submitted after the deadline will be placed on the waitlist until a seat becomes available.
7. Are there any pre-screening requirements?
No. Scholars will be assessed academically after an enrollment decision has been determined.
8. Is bus transportation available?
Yes. Bus transportation is available throughout New Castle County.
9. Do you provide breakfast or lunch?
Yes. We have a school nutrition program which includes breakfast, lunch and two snacks. Free and reduced lunch applications are available.
10. Are your teachers certified?
Yes. We hire teachers who are certified to teach in Delaware or another state in which Delaware grants reciprocity. We also ensure that our teachers are 'Highly Qualified' in elementary education.
11. What are your teacher-student ratios?
We use a two-teacher model in grades K-2. On average our student-teacher ratios are 1 teacher to 15 Scholars.
12. How can I get additional information about your school?
Please contact the school for additional information.
Thank you for your interest in Delaware College Preparatory Academy!
6. Is there an application deadline?